Friday, June 08, 2007

Animal Lovers Called to Boycott Amazon.com

I thought you might be interested in the Human Society of the United States' campaign to stop Amazon.com's sales of illegal animal fighting materials. Amazon sells both cockfighting magazines and bloody, graphic dogfighting DVDs. The company is so determined to continue selling these materials that it filed a motion against the HSUS in federal court, essentially asking that federal and state laws to protect animals be gutted to accommodate Amazon's sales of animal fighting paraphernalia.

Please ask Amazon to remove these materials from its website.

Here is a link for more information and how to send a letter:
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_amazon_fighting3?rk=g1zcur51R8-dW

1 comment:

Aspiring Bodhisattva said...

Hi Jill,
I also got the news today - I am so shocked about this. I will not shop there until amazon will stop selling
products promoting animal fighting. I will also write to them by logging in to my amazon.com account.

And thank you for blogging about this! Also, your recipes look good. I'll keep visiting your blog.