Thursday, January 17, 2008

Product Review: Newman's Own Lighten Up Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing

I adore salads and love finding new ways to enjoy them. Recently, I was looking for a low-fat Asian style dressing. I stood in the salad dressing aisle at my local grocery store reading labels. I was stunned. Every brand of low-fat Asian style dressing had an ingredient list that read like a science lab manual. I couldn't decipher most of the ingredients but MSG, corn syrup and hydrogentated fat stood out.

When I picked up Newman's Own Lighten Up Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing, I knew I had found a winner. The ingredients are things I use in my own kitchen: soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and onion. And the nutritional profile is great: just 35 tiny calories in a two tablespoon serving -- plenty to dress a salad.

At home I prepared a salad of Boston Crunch lettuce, shredded red cabbage, grated carrots, celery, sliced green onion and chopped peanuts. I drizzled on some of the Newman's Own Lighten Up Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing... and WOW!

This is a truly great vegan dressing that will jazz up your winter salads. You've got to try it!

Grade: A+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if Target carries this product? If not, which grocery stores do? Thanks!